Amazon Seller Central – Ultimate Guide 2020
Amazon Seller Central is the first port of call when retailers embark on their Amazon merchant journey. And that is why we recommend taking some time to grapple the intricacies as proper planning will be rewarded in the long-term.
What is Amazon Seller Central?
Your sojourn on Amazon.com & learning the nuts & bolts of the business can be an overwhelming affair. On Seller Central, you never have to bother about issues like payment processing, web design & management or returns processing. And in combination with FBA for a small fee, you can forward your items to Amazon fulfillment hubs for them to stock, handling, and dispatch on your behalf.
How to Set Up an Account on Seller Central Amazon
To make successful sales on Amazon, create your Seller Central profile. Endeavor to have the following information on hand to save precious time during the entire procedure. You will need to provide:
- The name of your venture
- Contact info for Amazon &buyers
- Your name & business address
- Region of the world, where you’ll be delivering your items
- Banking info
- Vender insignia
- About us – as this is the section where a shopper will evaluate your venture by learning its ethos & founding story. This business info serves to inspire confidence, stamping your credibility to your prospective customers.
- Return policies where effectible
Create a Seller Central profile by:
- Heading down to Amazon.com & clicking “sell” at the top-section of the page.
- Press “start selling” & you will be rerouted to the profile creation pane. Simply fill in your name, e-mail, user ID & password. Pretty straightforward!
- Next, login to your Seller central profile & you will be redirected to the set up pane. There are 5 segments you need to compute. The tax information provides you with all you require to enter such corporate details as entity name, base of operations (address), federal income tax categorization (LLC, partnership, or sole proprietorship, & social security number or TIN.
- Add an extra level of security to your Seller Central profile with the 2-step authenticity procedure.
- How to determine what type of merchandise to vend on Amazon?
- To identify viable items to vend on Amazon, you need a data-inspired analyzer. These analyzers are powerful key-word analytic tools.
This is a free appendage that monitors the pricing of specific items on Amazon. Venders can utilize CamelCamelCamel to analyse price timelines & feedback entries on products they are hoping to include in their portfolio.
JS is a product-sourcing assistant that you can incorporate easily to your Amazon business. Whenever you need leading Amazon-specific key-words, rely on JS. Jungle Scout verifies your item demand & displays the item search volume, letting you know whether it’s a low- or high-difficulty niche.
Sellics is an all-inclusive dashboard for the aggressive Amazon vender. It provides entry to the best 5000 items with high sales on Amazon.com.
Traversing the seller central sales dashboard
Feature 1 – Menu tab: You will notice a menu bar on the left-hand side of the pane. This is where you will see all the sales statistics underneath the business reportages group on the menu bar.
Feature 2 - Sales Reportage: This gives you a swift snapshot of sales so that you know how revenue you have entering & how many items have been vended.
Feature 3 – Compare sales chart: just below sales report, you will see a sales plot/chart that allows you gauge today’s sales versus the day when sales were low.
Choosing Fulfillment option
There are three major forms of Amazon fulfillment:
Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) – where Amazon handles all the packaging, shipping, fulfillment, & customer services, giving you more time to focus on other things. You will pay FBA charges.
Fulfilled by merchant (FBM) – where you handle all the shipping & customer service hassle yourself. You will dodge FBA fees completely.
Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP) – This is an in-between shipping option. SFP combines the benefits of FBA with the cost-saving nature of FBA. It is usually preferred by well-established enterprises.
The best option to choose depends on your situation. Many unsure startups go with pocket-friendly FBA. If you have a well-rounded business, then go for FBM & handle logistics yourself. Strive to achieve SFP as you will increase your market share & be in a better situation to earn the Buy Box.
Benefits of using Amazon seller central
Improved merchandise control – as a retailer, you have first-hand control over items. You keep track of all item-based activities while your provisions as an FBA participant ensures that you deliver items to clients, lightning fast, no matter where they are. Just deliver to the fulfillment hub & Amazon folks handle the rest.
Improved price control – when looking for new market appeal for new products, you can vend your items for a discounted price. When it gets a lot of conversions, you may up the price slightly & that’s where the megabucks come in.
Easy metrics - Amazon avails the retailer of customer metrics which can be a good reference to track customer trends. This info is comes without any charges.
Other advantages are:
- Lenient terms of business (7-20% based on the type of item)
- No complaints related to VAT or VAT fraud when making use of FBA
Amazon Seller central is a great place to be for an eCommerce start up or guru. Proceed step by step & give yourself ample step to discover new feature & techniques. Amazon’s potential is yet to be fully tapped by venders, meaning you can be the next big-hitter.
Meta description: Amazon Seller Central is the first port of call when retailers embark on their Amazon merchant journey. Take advantage of this platform for newfound entrepreneurial success.